Moist, simple cupcakes topped with a creamy vanilla frosting. Perfect for New Year’s!
These cupcakes take no time to make and you can decorate them with any sort of sprinkles you want.
Makes 12 cupcakes
1 and a half cups flour
1 and a half teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 stick of unsalted butter, room temp
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
sprinkles, for decorating
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line the cups of a standard (12 cup) muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a measuring cup, mix milk and vanilla and set aside.
3. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy about 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add half of dry ingredients, followed by the milk-vanilla mixture, then add remaining dry ingredients. Don’t overmix.
4. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffins cups. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool.
5. For frosting, mix ingredients together with an electric mixture. Mix up to 1/2 cup more sugar or more milk as necessary to achieve a spreadable consistency.