No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls
Makes about 30-40 balls
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups crispy rice cereal
1.5 cups dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
1 cup semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup chocolate-flavor candy coating
1 Tbsp shortening
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat peanut butter and butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in powdered sugar and unsweetened cocoa powder on low until combined.
2. With a wooden spoon, stir in rice cereal and 1 cup of the chopped peanuts. Cover and chill for an hour.
3. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil and with buttered hands, shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Let chill.
4. In a small saucepan, heat and stir semisweet chocolate, chocolate candy coating and shortening over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
5. Use a fork to dip chilled balls into chocolate mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Sprinkle each ball with remaining chopped peanuts. Chill balls about 20 minutes or until firm. Enjoy.