2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp maple syrup
Zest of 1 orange (1 tsp set aside for the coating)
2 Tbs shredded coconut (for the coating)
1. Place the coconut butter, almond butter and vanilla extract in a bowl and combine until smooth. Add the flavor ingredients until smooth.
2. Mixture will be soft, so place in freezer for about 10 mins until you can form the batter until 1-inch balls with your hands. Roll each ball in the orange and coconut coating.
3. Refrigerate to solidify. Enjoy.
Paleo pancakes is my favorite breakfast right now. It doesn’t even matter that it’s paleo, it’s super satisfying and delicious. It also has tons of protein in them and no carbs (except natural carbs from the banana)!
Here is how to make them.
1. Crack open 2 large eggs in a bowl. Whisk.
2. Take a ripe banana and squeeze as best you can until it’s mushy.
3. Put in the bowl with eggs and whisk (& mash) the mixture as best you can. Add some Stevia and cinnamon.
3. Heat up a frying pan on a low heat. I put mine on a 4 (out of 10). I have pancake holders so I can make 2 perfect pancakes. You don’t have to use these, you can make 1 big pancake but it is very hard to flip!
4. Since the heat is on low it takes quite a few minutes on each side to cook. I don’t like to cook them all the way because I like mine a little bit mushy. It’s your preference. Top with sunflower or peanut butter and enjoy.
4 cups fresh blueberries
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup almond meal
1/4 cup chopped macadamia or walnuts
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/3 tsp cinnamon
2 pinches sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Place blueberries in 9×9 inch baking dish and squeeze the juice from half of the lemon over them. Toss slightly to coat them.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the almond meal, macadamia nuts, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt.
4. Spread the nut topping evenly over the blueberries and bake until the fruit is well cooked/bubbly and the topping is golden brown (about 30-40 mins). Enjoy.
Made my first Paleo pancake. 2 eggs and 1 banana. I added some stevia and cinnamon and some sunflower butter to top it off. So good.
Went to The Counter with some friends. We started with some beer and fried pickles.
You can design your own burger which is awesome. I got mine with brie, sauteed mushrooms, mixed greens, tomatoes, onions and a garlic aioli. It was amazing. We all split the sweet potato fries and the regular fries. The sweet potato fries were much better!
We also all split a caramel java malt. Talk about food hangover…
I saw Taken 2. It was great! Action packed.
Made some delicious cookies. Recipe to come on Tuesday.
Wore my new J Crew flats.
Took some cute photos of Milo & Max.
Had taco night.
And had a slice of Trader Joe’s pumpkin cheesecake. It was so good!