Rocky road brownies filled with marshmallows and nuts. These brownies are super thick and moist and would satisfy any chocolate craving.
The chocolate glaze is optional but I would recommend it. Just to make it extra chocolately 🙂
Rocky Road Brownies
3 squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup butter
1 and a half cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 and a half cups miniature marshmallows
1 and a half cups peanuts
Chocolate Glaze, optional
4 squares semisweet chocolate
2 tablespoons whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat. Add sugar and vanilla and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking after each addition.
2. Combine flour and baking powder. Stir into chocolate mixture, mixing well. Stir in marshmallows and peanuts. Spread evenly into prepared 9-inch square baking pan.
3. Bake in oven 35 to 40 mins. Let cool.
4. For Glaze: In a small saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate and whipping cream, stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool for 20 mins. Spread over brownies. Chill until chocolate is set. Enjoy.
From: Bars & Squares
Decadent, moist chocolate brownies with a hint of mocha. These brownies are amazing! I was surprised how easy they were to make.
Even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
From: “Bars & Squares”
8 squares (1 oz each) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1 Tbsp instant espresso coffee powder
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate and butter, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, brown sugar and vanilla until just blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. Stir in flour, coffee powder and baking powder, mixing well. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread evenly into 8×8 baking pan.
3. Bake 25-30 minutes and let cool completely. Enjoy.
Spiced Sweet Potato Oven Fries. A twist on sweet potato fries with a chipotle garlic dipping sauce!
Salted Caramel Turtles. Only 4 ingredients and looks delish.
Homemade Butterfinger Bonbons. Also 4 ingredients! Genius idea.
Chocolate Lover’s Brownies. Wow, these looks crazy rich but perfect for when a craving hits.
Technically it’s still the weekend since it’s Labor day but this is my weekend highlights.
I stocked up.
Saw Jim Gaffigan live. He was hilarious. If you haven’t heard of him, YouTube him now! He talks about food and that’s why I love him. The winery was gorgeous too!
I finally got a heart rate monitor! The Polar FT40. It’s super simple and easy to use. This was the results from my Turbofire workout. OH yeah.
We had friends over for dinner and had gin & tonic’s and tacos. YUM.
I watched The Lucky One on DVD. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it! My expectations weren’t high to begin with but it was super cute, cheesy and entertaining. I would recommend it if your bored on a Friday night.
I made 3 ingredient pumpkin cookies. Recipe to come soon.
I also made these delicious 3 ingredient Nutella brownies. Recipe can be found here.
Try these with some vanilla ice cream.
Oh and Max broke my camera screen…guess I’ll have to get a new camera now! Darn…
Overall, a good weekend. How was your Labor day weekend??
Back to work tomorrow 😦