White Chocolate Marshmallow Cookie Bars. A super easy recipe with some unexpected ingredients.
Funfetti Baked Oatmeal. All natural ingredients including sprinkles.
Nutella Brownies. Super moist, rich brownies made with Nutella. What else do you need!?
Veggie Wrap with Avocado Honey Dressing. A healthy wrap with the perfect dressing.
Over the holiday break my mom bought coffee cake muffins from a grocery store near by. We were surprised how good they were! The muffins were light and had a crumbly sugar-cinnamon mixture on top. So I decided I would make some myself.
These coffee cake muffins are even better then the store bought ones. They have a crumbly cinnamon-sugar topping and a glaze. Just in case you need the extra sugar. 🙂 Perfect for breakfast with a cup of coffee.
Coffee Cake Muffins
Makes 10 large muffins
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla)
1 large egg
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1. Make streusel topping first in a small bowl until the mixture becomes crumbly. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl for the batter. Mix together wet ingredients in a separate bowl including the melted butter.
3. Stir together wet and dry ingredients to form a thick batter.
4. Spoon batter into each tin. Fill each tin to about half. You should only use half of the batter!
5. Put a spoonful of the streusel onto each muffin. Use only half of the streusel!
6. Using the rest of the batter, spoon on top of the streusel. Then add the rest of the streusel to the muffins. It’s ok if it overflows.
7. Bake muffins for 15-20 mins. Let cool and then add the icing! Enjoy.
These bars are so delicious and buttery! The smell when you are cooking the oats and cinnamon is amazing.
It’s only 5 ingredients and super easy to make. You can eat them for breakfast or for dessert with ice cream.
Adapted from: bars & squares
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 2/3 cups old-fashioned oats
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar. Cooking, stirring constantly until sugar is melted and mixture is smooth, about 1 minute.
2. Stir in oats, cinnamon and salt, mixing until oats are thoroughly moistened. Press evenly into an 8×8 pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven until top is golden, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely. Enjoy.
Paleo pancakes is my favorite breakfast right now. It doesn’t even matter that it’s paleo, it’s super satisfying and delicious. It also has tons of protein in them and no carbs (except natural carbs from the banana)!
Here is how to make them.
1. Crack open 2 large eggs in a bowl. Whisk.
2. Take a ripe banana and squeeze as best you can until it’s mushy.
3. Put in the bowl with eggs and whisk (& mash) the mixture as best you can. Add some Stevia and cinnamon.
3. Heat up a frying pan on a low heat. I put mine on a 4 (out of 10). I have pancake holders so I can make 2 perfect pancakes. You don’t have to use these, you can make 1 big pancake but it is very hard to flip!
4. Since the heat is on low it takes quite a few minutes on each side to cook. I don’t like to cook them all the way because I like mine a little bit mushy. It’s your preference. Top with sunflower or peanut butter and enjoy.
Baked Apple Crisp – genius idea! I love baked apples.
Banana Carrot Cake – 2 of my favorite things combined.
Mini Cake Batter Cheesecakes – Blondies x 100. I need to make these!
Healthy Crock Pot Apple Crisp – I always need more crock pot recipes and this looks so easy and delicious.
So tomorrow is my birthday. I’ll be 25! I’m so old…
I’m so looking forward to this weekend. Festivities include: shopping, massage, out to dinner, movies, gifts, and family.
Have a great weekend everyone!
This easy to make banana milkshake looks so yummy and only 5 ingredients! Make it here.
Baked pumpkin spiced donuts! Perfect for fall. Bake it here.
Lemon coconut bread with cream cheese! Yes please. It looks so moist too. Check it out here.
Orange and chocolate is one of my favorite combinations! These cookies look so thick and chewy. Go here.
I’m flying to L.A. today to see an old friend for the weekend. I will be back to posting on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone 🙂