Fluffy, chewy cookies made with vanilla pudding mix.
These cookies are addictive.
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
From: San Jose Mercury News from Emily Moak Meacham
Makes 50 cookies
1.5 cups pecans
2 sticks unsalted butter
1.5 cups brown sugar
3.4 ounce package vanilla instant pudding mix
1 Tbs vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 teaspoon water
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup old fashioned oats
2 1/4 cup flour
12-ounce package semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Toast pecans in the hot oven for about 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter until light; gradually add brown sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Add vanilla pudding mix, vanilla extract, baking soda, water, and salt. Beat until well blended.
4. By a wooden spoon, mix in oats, then flour, then chocolate chips and pecans. Drop cookies by the tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheet, spacing 1 inch apart.
5. Bake until cookies appear dry and tops are lightly cracker and soft when pressed, about 8-9 minutes.