Ooey, gooey s’mores bars.
The chewy caramel and the crunch of the salty nuts make this bar irresistible.
Makes 24 bars
From: “Christmas Cookies” magazine
2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies (36 wafers)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 14-ounce package caramel’s
1/3 cup whipping cream
2 cups tiny marshmallows
1.5 cups mixed nuts, coarsely chopped
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat over to 375 F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil and lightly grease.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the crushed chocolate wafer cookies and butter. Press mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool crust for 5 minutes.
3. In a small saucepan heat and stir caramel bits and cream until caramel is melted and smooth. Pour caramel mixture evenly over crust.
4. In a medium bowl combine marshmallows, nuts and chocolate pieces; sprinkle over caramel mixture and press in lightly.
5. Bake about 12 minutes or until the marshmallows just begin to brown. Cool. Use foil to lift uncut bars out of pan and onto a cutting board. Cut into bars. Enjoy.